Life grabbed a hold of me and wouldn’t let go. I was finally able to break free long enough to put something new on here.
To keep this post under500 words, I’ll just bullet-point my going-on’s. I’m certain my immense number of followers have been concerned 😉
- I gots me a new job! I will soon be a high school secretary. Glamorous corporate go getter? Not quite. But I absolutely could not be happier about this new venture. The work, the environment, the schedule – it’s a dream for me and I can’t wait to get started in two weeks.
- My two oldest boys went on a mission trip and their youngest brother is having serious withdrawals. Thank goodness they come home Friday night. And I kinda miss them too
- I have jumped on the bandwagon otherwise known as Pinterest. Of LOVE! What a fantastic way to keep track of inspirations! Right now my creative brain has been zeroing in on style ideas for my new job, so much fun!
- In addition to fantasizing about what I’ll wear I’ve come to the realization that the collection of vintage items I’ve been collecting to put into my Etsy Shop are more than likely going to put into my Closet – cuz I love what I’ve collected so far J Back to the drawing board!
- My cousin came for a quick visit over the weekend and it was so great to be able to spend some time with her. Our family is a mash-up of all walks of life, which I adore, however, there’s something to be said about having a family member that resembles you and your heritage. Not counting my brothers as I don’t see them very often, the only other person that seems to share my genetics (and lives in the US) is my cousin, Khara. Having lost my mother 7 years ago, it’s amazing the impact that can have on someone and feeling as though a part of their identity has been taken away. Enter Khara. She helps me feel whole in a sense because of our shared Thai heritage and it’s intensely precious to me. It’s kind of strange but I sometimes get a pang of jealousy when I see a whole family who are obviously related because of their appearance. It’s probably some weird, innate tribal thing, that whole feeling of wanting/needing to belong. Did I get too serious? Sorry about that. Moving on!
Hmm….I guess that’s all that’s really been going on in the last week and a half. Maybe not a lot in volume but a lot mentally and emotionally.
Happy Wednesday everyone!
P.S. Word count: 439 😉